Google-WWW2016 Student Grants aim at supporting the youngest generation of researchers interested in subjects related to the World Wide Web in their formative years.
To be eligible for a conference grant, the candidate must
- Commit to attend the full conference.
- Have a paper or a poster or a demo accepted and be listed as speaker/presenter for that paper/poster/demo
- Apply before the deadline: February 29th, 2016 (23:59 Hawaii Standard Time)
With the generous support from Google, WWW (World Wide Web Conference) 2016 is proud to announce travel grants for selected students. This support is in the form of a registration fees waiver.
The application should be sent as a single pdf file in attachment to email, that includes in this order the following items:
- A full CV specifying: Full name, Preferred Email Address for communications The school you are attending, your major, the country in which the school resides, and the name of your advisor(s).
- The title of the submission accepted to WWW 2016 and its type (e.g., workshops, posters, doctoral consortium, demo)
- A short statement describing your research interests and how you wish to benefit from attending WWW 2016 ( no more than 600 words explaining)
- A letter of recommendation from your advisor is desirable if it can add factual information, but not necessary
- Indication (with details of covered expenses) of alternative funding applications for WWW 2016 and expected date of decision.
Please submit your application via email at this address firstname.lastname@example.org by February 29th, 2016 (23:59 Hawaii Standard Time).
- Your application will be reviewed by the WWW2016 LOC and ranked by objective criteria.
- A fair gender balance will be sought in ranking the applications.
- Special case of need and lack of alternative funding opportunities will be taken into account.
- Notification will be given by March 10th, 2016.
- Successful applicants who have already paid fees will be refunded at 100%.
- Applicants who are not successful are still allowed to register at student early fee rates within 5 days from the notification.
- If you receive alternative funding after the award covering registration fees, please let us know as we can then shift the award to other students in need of support.